Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Low space on device

5137 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2019-12-02 00:45:46

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    goiceland
    2019-10-31 12:19:02
    Hi hi
    I got a message that the memory is full and I can't update my device now.
    Bought a new memory card 32 GB and still low space how can I fix this so the device extend to SD card ?
    Thank you

•   Level 3   
    (89) points
    kcny77

2019-10-31 13:59:17

Before you do anything I would make a backup of what you have (just copy it to your computer).

If you're still under an active subscription period, just remove some of the vehicles (like BMW) and if you re-add them it should put them onto the 32 gig SD card.

•   Level 2   
    (18) points
    Autel

2019-11-28 11:31:10 (Reply to:goiceland)

For some of the old Maxisys Pro and Maxisys ms908 tools, the storage was 32G which was not enough to take all software updates now.

The storage capacity on board the tool is related to hardware so it cannot be expanded.

The only solution for storage shortage problem is to add external SD card of specification San disk 16G, Class 10, 80MB/S to the tablets. Only this kind of SD card can be compatible with Maxisys tablets.

Before installing the SD card please do the following

Go to the Maxisys application and look for Data Manager select this and then select Apps uninstall that please delete BMW, Mini and Rolls Royce software.

once these have deleted look at top of screen and select SERVICE and Delete BMW and MINI in there as well.

Now reboot tool and place SD card in the slot on left hand side of tool and the go to download tab and download BMW on its own first and then download everything else after.

This will fix the problem.

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    markstire

2019-11-30 13:49:20 (Reply to:Autel)

I have this problem on a maxisys elite. I do not have any visible SD card slot on the left
    side on the device (or anywhere else). Can anyone please direct me to the card slot on
    this model? Thank you!

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2019-12-01 21:27:58 (Reply to:markstire)

Power the unit off , open the stand on the back and using a precision screwdriver set with the correct size torx bit, remove the rear battery cover, and gently lift up  battery bottom out and slide downward a bit and you will see the slot for SD card. In the latest MaxiSys Elites Autel may have already gone to the larger 64gb internal flash size, so adding an SD card shouldn't be necessary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s7POewk_g4&t=163s

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2019-12-02 00:45:46 (Reply to:markstire)

disregard redundant post

Total1 Pages